December 7th, 2011 by Masa
OpenFlow capable firmware for HP switches is now available without requiring special license. It can be downloaded by customers/partners from HP’s website.
Current version is K.15.05.5001(for OpenFlow researchers only) as Early Availability and here is how I downloaded it:
- Go to http://www.hp.com/networking/support
- You will be required to sign-in to download the firmware. If you have your account, go to the next step. Otherwise, create it now and come back. To crate your account, place the mouse pointer over the “Sign-in” link on top right corner. Another menu pops up and click “Create new account” and follow the instruction.
- In Auto Search text-box, type the part of the product name (e.g., 5400 or 6600)
- Select appropriate product (check the check box)
- Click “Display Selected” button
- Click “software downloads” link (a bit hard to find.. look for light-blue link on the right side)
- Find the proper firmware and click the link shown as “>>”. As of the timing of this blog post, “K.15.05.5001 (for OpenFlow researchers only)” in Early Availability is the one.
- You’re required to sign-in. Click “Sign-in with HP Passport” button.
- Finally. Click “Download” button (Read the SUPPORT CAUTION first).
November 17th, 2011 by Masa
IBM announced 10 gigabit ethernet OpenFlow switch G8264, which has 48 × 10 GbE SFP+ ports and 4 × 40 GbE QSFP+ ports. It was demonstrated at Interop Las Vegas in May and now it is available as a product with GA. The switch runs in either of two modes, traditional L2/L3 mode or OpenFlow mode (the mode is chosen at the switch boot time). In OpenFlow mode, the switch supports up to 97,750 flows. Here is a link that lists the major features of the switch. More information at http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/options/networking/bnt8264/index.html
July 19th, 2011 by srini
Stanford Clean Slate Program, in cooperation with Open Networking Foundation (ONF), is pleased to announce Open Networking Summit — a premier event about OpenFlow and Software Defined Networking (SDN), to be held on October 17-19, 2011 at Stanford University LKS Center.
Plan to attend the summit to
- Learn from creators and leaders of OpenFlow/SDN
- Showcase your products and services
- Network with growing OpenFlow/SDN community
Confirmed speakers include:
||Guido Appenzeller, Big Switch
||Nick McKeown, Stanford/ONF
||Martin Casado, Nicira
||Dan Pitt, ONF
||Matt Davy, Indiana/GMOC
||Jennifer Rexford, Princeton University
||Stu Elby, Verizon
||Scott Shenker, UC Berkeley/ONF
||Samrat Ganguly, NEC
||Steven Stuart, Google
||Saar Gillai, HP
||Rob Vietzke, Internet2
||Jonathan Heiliger, Facebook
||David Ward, Juniper
For details, please visit: http://OpenNetSummit.org/